Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese healing art that involves inserting tiny needles into energy pathways in the body. These pathways are called meridians. The human body has twelve meridians, each corresponding to an organ system. When there is an imbalance in any of these meridians–either in the organ itself or within the physical line of the meridian–we experience symptoms like pain, anxiety, common colds, influenza, cancer, infertility, menstrual difficulties, headaches, insomnia, and many more ailments. The needles are very thin and painless, and patients feel very relaxed during and after their treatments.
Resources and Research
- Acupuncture boosts the efficacy of IVF treatments.
- Acupuncture helps women with PCOS conceive.
- Acupuncture alleviates painful menstrual cycles, irregular menstrual cycles, and restores periods that have gone missing.
- Acupuncture can alleviate depression and anxiety.
- Acupuncture is effective at regulating digestion and symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Chinese Herbal Therapy
Chinese herbs are often prescribed in addition to acupuncture, as they are a highly beneficial way to boost the efficacy of your treatments. Herbal medicine works on the meridians in the same way that needles do, so it's like taking an acupuncture treatment home with you. Chinese herbs are a safe and healthy alternative to pharmaceuticals, and without many of the negative side effects. Often medical patients are put on medications to counteract symptoms from other medications, and that isn't a problem with Chinese herbs.